August 25th, 2020
We have missed you and hope you and your family are staying safe and healthy. Our community has been through a lot over the past few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing that has remained the same is our commitment to your safety. Now that we have been given the official approval to reopen, we want to outline all that we are doing to keep you safe during your next appointment.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our office always follows not only the infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Associations (ADA), but also those from The U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We closely follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new ruling or guidance that may be issued.
See below for some of the safety measure we implemented while our office was closed. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask screening questions. You will be asked those same questions when you are in the office.
- Temperatures and oxygen saturation checks will be taken upon entering the office and we will have ample hand sanitizer throughout the office for patient use as needed.
- Appointments will be managed in a way to allow for proper social distancing between patient visits. This might mean that you’re offered fewer options when scheduling your appointments.
- We request that all our patients be respectful and arrive on time to keep to social distancing efforts.
In addition to these protocols our office has gone above and beyond to have the following equipment on-site to keep our patients and staff safe:
Air Purification: We have installed a medical grade air filtration system to the operatories and the office space that will ensure air will be filtered and purified at 383 cubic feet per minute.
5 Steps of filtration:
1. HEPA-Rx to capture ultrafine particles up to 0.1 microns.
2. Activated carbon filter (carbon absorbs volatile organic compounds).
3. The kill chamber: dual germicidal UV-C+ bulbs destroy the DNA of microorganisms (viruses, bacteria, molds) rendering them inactive. The kill chamber has been tested to eliminates viruses, bacteria with efficiency of 99.998%.
4. Titanium dioxide plates to interact with UCV light to increase effectiveness.
5. Hydroxyl Radical Reactivity chamber, revitalizing negative ion chamber: re-energizes air with negative ions. Negative ions occur in nature, we see high amounts in the air of the Rockies or at Niagara Falls.
Operatory Equipment: We have installed an extra oral aerosol extraction machine to each operatory. These machines are fully equipped with 5 filtration systems and medical grade HEPA filter with 99.95% efficiency, carbon filter and germicidal UVC light.
Equipment and surface cleaning Protocols: Per existing standard operating procedures, all dental equipment and each operatory is cleaned with hospital grade disinfectants between patient visits.
Air Cleaning: After every patient, each room will be fogged with a safe disinfectant currently on the EPA list as effective against coronavirus and considered safe in and on food, dairy and potable water.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): In addition to the masks and gloves our staff have always worn, we have added additional protective shields and gowns.
Finally, rooms will be fogged after each use with a safe disinfectant that the EPA has listed as an effective solution to fight against Coronavirus, the disinfectant has been deemed safe in and on food, dairy and potable water.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you and every patient safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (212) 867-6768 or e-mail us at email@example.com
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients and friends.
Dr. Rene Horvilleur & Staff